Army soldiers are employed as soldiers first and foremost and can serve as tank drivers, gunners and riflemen, but may also work in jobs in administration, management, transport, finance, supply and a variety of trades.
Duties & Tasks
Army soldiers may perform the following tasks:
- operate and maintain a wide variety of military equipment
- participate in classroom lectures and field training in the areas of navigation, field craft, administration, vehicle maintenance, computer skills and leadership.
Army soldiers can be posted to capital or regional cities throughout Australia and are expected to serve in a variety of units and formations throughout their careers. Army soldiers may travel nationally and possibly internationally whilst in the Army.
- physically fit and able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- good interpersonal and communication skills
- high degree of self-discipline
- willing to serve anywhere in Australia or overseas
- meet aptitude and medical requirements
- at least 17 years of age
- Australian citizenship.
- Air Force General Entrant
- Army Officer
- Army Soldier - Tradesperson
- Navy Sailor
- Navy Technical Sailor