Chiropractors diagnose and treat health problems related to the nervous, muscular and skeletal systems, particularly the spine, without the use of drugs or surgery.
Duties & Tasks
Chiropractors may perform the following tasks:
- note down patients' case history details, conduct physical examinations and interpret diagnostic imaging studies such as X-rays
- adjust patients' spine or other joints to correct joint dysfunctions interfering with proper nervous system control and integration of body function
- treat patients by adjusting the spinal column to manipulate joints and soft tissues
- conduct specialised work such as sports chiropractic, paediatrics, diagnostic imaging or various chiropractic techniques
- give advice about general health matters such as exercise and nutrition
- perform pre-employment examinations and workplace assessments
- provide certificates for insurance and work-related purposes.
- enjoy health sciences
- strong interpersonal skills
- attention to detail
- ability to perform fine manual tasks
- able to think and work independently
- strong analytical ability.