Conveyancers prepare the documentation required for the purchase and sale of real estate and attend to property settlements. Conveyancers must have a sound knowledge of land law, land division, surveying, property development, property management, strata administration, insurance, taxation, business analysis, investment and contracts.
Duties & Tasks
Conveyancers may perform the following tasks:
- prepare and advise on contracts for the sale of real estate
- conduct title searches and make enquiries with various government departments, local councils and water authorities
- prepare and advise on mortgage documentation
- attend to exchange-of-contracts and settlement procedures
- prepare and advise on lease documentation.
Conveyancers may communicate with clients, real estate agents, banks, building societies and finance companies, as well as government departments and rating authorities.
- good communication skills
- good organisational skills
- integrity and sound judgment.