Electronics Engineering Associate
Electronics engineering associates conduct and assist with the research, design, manufacture, repair and maintenance of advanced electronic equipment and systems. Electronics engineering associates usually have a range of duties that lie between trade and professional engineer levels.
Duties & Tasks
Electronics engineering associates may perform the following tasks:
- help electronics engineers to develop, design, test, manufacture, assemble and maintain electronic equipment and associated circuitry such as radio, television, communications, and process-control equipment and computer systems
- assist engineers with the research and design of process-control and instrumentation systems, communication systems, robotic systems, and computer and other electronic systems
- prepare drawings, plans and diagrams for electronic engineering work
- test electronic instruments and equipment, and repair or replace faulty parts
- construct and test prototype electronic devices
- perform difficult and complex calibrations, tests and adjustments
- collect and analyse data, carry out complex calculations and prepare reports
- estimate materials, costs and quantities
- look at designs and installations to check they conform to specifications, drawings, contracts and regulations
- select, start up, operate and maintain electronic equipment including computer-controlled and complex telecommunications equipment.
Depending on the area of specialisation, work may be carried out in remote localities or require some shiftwork. Electronics engineering associates usually work in a team with engineers, technologists and tradespeople.
- enjoy technical and engineering activities
- good with hands
- good at mathematics
- able to identify, analyse and solve problems
- capacity for accurate, careful work
- good communication skills
- able to work independently or as part of a team
- good eyesight (may be corrected) and normal colour vision
- able to work systematically.
- Civil and Structural Engineering Associate
- Electrical Engineering Associate
- Electronics Engineer
- Mechanical Engineering Associate