Facilities officers provide assistance to ensure the day-to-day smooth management and operation of a building's infrastructure through administrative support and, at times, overseeing maintenance tasks.
Duties & Tasks
Facilities officers may perform the following tasks:
- log, analyse and track maintenance requests
- issue work orders to appropriate tradespeople or maintenance officers
- match work orders to invoices and send invoices for payment
- distribute, archive and coordinate documentation
- conduct routine cleaning inspections with cleaners and facilities managers
- coordinate recycling and waste management reports
- set up meetings, conferences and function rooms
- collect and distribute mail
- suggest initiatives to improve operating practices, such as increasing energy efficiency.
- good interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- able to work in a team
- able to assess and prioritise tasks
- good computer literacy
- able to use initiative and work unsupervised
- excellent organisational skills.