Mechanical Engineering Technologist
Mechanical engineering technologists design, inspect, manage and test technologies, systems and procedures in mining, manufacturing or processing industry plants.
Duties & Tasks
Mechanical engineering technologists may perform the following tasks:
- design engineering factories and equipment
- supervise the maintenance of factories and equipment
- apply testing and monitoring equipment to determine the condition of operating equipment
- use computers as tools for routine design and analysis
- analyse and interpret engineering information and data
- prepare reports for engineering management
- work with professional engineers to ensure the engineering plant is operating efficiently
- advise employers and clients on the application of new technologies.
Mechanical engineering technologists work in offices, technical laboratories or workshops, or on site. They work in teams with engineers, technicians and tradespeople.
- enjoy technical and engineering activities
- able to identify, analyse and solve problems
- good oral and written communication skills
- aptitude for computing and design
- practical and creative
- able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Civil Engineering Technologist
- Electrical or Electronics Engineering Technologist
- Industrial Engineering Technologist
- Mechanical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineering Associate
- Mechatronic Engineer