Production Crew Member
Production crew members look after the setting up, dismantling, removal and maintenance of music and theatre production equipment for stage performances. They also transport and maintain equipment between shows.
Duties & Tasks
Production crew members may perform the following tasks:
- implement stage design under the direction of the stage manager
- select and position sound and lighting equipment
- carry, maintain and repair production equipment
- arrange for transportation of equipment to remote locations
- arrange and connect cables to the electrical supply using portable junction boxes
- monitor security and handle cash.
Production crew members may be required to travel long distances and to remote locations when on tour with a show. They work irregular hours or shifts.
- able to work as part of a team
- able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- able to work under pressure and at heights
- flexible attitude toward working hours and conditions
- Audiovisual Technician
- Film and Television Camera Operator
- Film and Television Lighting Operator
- Film and Television Producer's Assistant
- Sound Technician
- Stage Manager