Recruitment consultants interview applicants to determine their job requirements and suitability for particular jobs, assess their training needs and help employers to find suitable staff.
Duties & Tasks
Recruitment consultants may perform the following tasks:
- interview people looking for work, and record relevant personal and work details to match them with appropriate jobs
- receive and record job vacancy information from employers
- organise advertising, interviewing and selection processes for recruitment campaigns
- conduct and analyse psychometric (personality, behavioural style, ability or aptitude) tests
- interview job seekers and prepare shortlists of candidates for referral to prospective employers
- check references and suitability of applicants before referring to employers
- prepare resumes and correspondence for suitable applicants to forward to employers
- advise job seekers regarding personal presentation at interviews and about their written applications and resumes
- arrange appropriate training in job skills
- assist with sales and marketing duties designed to increase the client base, including visiting employers to assess working conditions and discuss consultancy services and fees
- observe jobs to obtain information about job requirements
- prepare job descriptions and letters of appointment
- prepare rosters and duty statements, as well as organise security passes and identification.
Case Manager (Recruitment)
A case manager (recruitment) is an experienced recruitment consultant who provides in-depth, intensive assistance to clients who are having trouble finding work because they have been unemployed for a long time or are disadvantaged.
Consultants in private industry often work long hours to interview jobseekers who are not available during normal business hours.
- good intuition and understanding of people's qualities
- good analytical and decision-making skills
- good oral and written communication skills
- tactful and discrete when dealing with people.
- Administrative Assistant
- Career Development Practitioner
- Human Resources Officer
- Public Servant - Australian Public Service