Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Draftsperson
Refrigeration and air conditioning draftspersons design and produce working drawings of mechanical systems for refrigeration and air conditioning systems within a building project so that they can be manufactured, constructed and installed.
Duties & Tasks
Refrigeration and air conditioning draftspersons may perform the following tasks:
- design and produce relevant working drawings
- liaise with equipment suppliers, site personnel and project managers
- coordinate with other service contractors involved in the project and production of accurate drawings
- site measuring
- attend site meetings.
Refrigeration and air conditioning draftspersons work predominantly in the computer-aided design (CAD) environment and often work closely with professional engineers and tradespeople.
- enjoy technical and design activities
- aptitude for problem-solving
- good communication skills
- able to work as part of a team
- willing to accept responsibility and supervise other people
- normal colour vision.