Strata Managing Agent
Strata managing agents are appointed by the owners of multi-unit properties to manage the financial and administrative affairs of their strata scheme.
Duties & Tasks
Strata managing agents may perform the following tasks:
- arrange routine maintenance, repair and upkeep of the common property
- keep bank and other accounts for maintenance contributions (strata levies)
- pay accounts and outgoings
- maintain the strata records
- organise and conduct strata meetings
- arrange insurance.
Principal (Strata Management Agency)
A principal (strata management agency) manages the activities of other strata managing agents within an organisation.
Strata managing agents often work irregular hours. They spend much of their time dealing with the residents living in the property they manage, contractors who work at the property and various professionals, including building consultants, solicitors and engineers.
- good communication, negotiation and mediation skills
- a pleasant manner and neat personal appearance
- able to work in a team
- able to meet deadlines
- good organisational skills and attention to detail
- public-speaking skills
- numeracy and writing skills
- computer literacy.