Ticket sellers sell tickets and make reservations for sporting and entertainment venues, tourist attractions and some travel arrangements.
Duties & Tasks
Ticket sellers may perform the following tasks:
- receive customers' requests and answer enquiries
- check ticket availability and event times
- make reservations
- accept payment from customers and issue tickets, receipts and change
- contact customers to cancel or confirm reservations and arrange accommodation.
Most ticket sellers work in offices or at entertainment venues, while some work in cubicles at ovals or showgrounds. Shiftwork and irregular hours may be involved. Many are employed on a part-time or casual basis.
- good communication skills
- good interpersonal skills
- able to work under pressure.