Tyre Fitter and Repairer
Tyre fitters and repairers fit and repair tyres on vehicles and diagnose faults in tyre wear.
Duties & Tasks
Tyre fitters and repairers may perform the following tasks:
- inspect tyres and related components
- repair tyres and tubes
- select tyres and rims for particular vehicles
- balance tyres and wheels
- road test vehicles.
A wheel aligner identifies faults in vehicle stability and tyre wear. This involves checking and servicing the steering system and suspension, identifying and interpreting tyre and rim regulations, balancing wheels and making adjustments and doing post-alignment checks and road testing. Tyre fitters and repairers mainly work indoors.
- enjoy practical and manual activities
- no allergic reactions to petrol, grease, oil or other chemicals
- interested in motor vehicles
- good mechanical skills.