Academy of Interactive Entertainment
Academy of Interactive Entertainment – the Games and 3D Specialists
The Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE) is a leading educator that supports the digital creative industries in Australia and throughout the world.
AIE was created in response to an industry need for skilled staff in the Australian animation and games industries and has grown to be recognised as the Centre of Excellence in this training area. With strong connections to all of Australia’s major game development and 3D animation studios, AIE students gain exceptional employment opportunities in these and many other digital media industries.
AIE’s achievements include:
What’s different about AIE?
- Our campuses are co-sited with established games companies and offer genuine industry training creating 3D or games products in teams.
- Our games development courses give students the reality of the games production environment and culture. Students gain valuable experience during their studies working directly with industry partners, and our Advanced Diploma of Professional Games Development was designed after consultation with over 30 games companies.
- Our vast industry network helps students to develop contacts and maximise employment opportunities in the Australian games development and 3D industries.
- We have a proven track record of delivering strong employment outcomes since 1996. Many of the people making hiring decisions in the games and digital media industries are AIE graduates.
- Our many awards recognise excellence in education outcomes and consistently outstanding student achievement.
- AIE is the only Australian training institution to offer a Sony Foundation art scholarship.
Courses offered at AIE:
We offer full-time (February and July intakes), part-time and online courses, including:
- Bachelor of Games and Virtual Worlds
- Advanced Diploma of Professional Game Development (Game Art and Design)
- Advanced Diploma of Professional Game Development (Software Development)
- Advanced Diploma of Screen and Media (3D Animation and VFX)
- Certificate III in Media — Game Design Foundations
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology — Game Development Foundations
- Certificate II in Creative Industries (Media) — specialising in 3D Animation
- Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology — Game Programming Foundations
Applications are accepted directly and can be emailed, mailed or faxed to AIE. Applicants attend an interview as part of the entry requirements for all full-time courses. For digital art courses, applicants need a current portfolio of artwork. Programming applicants need to provide evidence of previous programming experiences and may be asked to sit a short test to help determine potential.
Certificate level courses are direct-entry courses and do not require an interview or portfolio to be submitted.
1300 709 019
- You must choose a Field of Study or enter Course Name