Australian School of Management
Australian School of Management
Imagine a learning experience where you graduate with more than just a degree. At the Australian School of Management (ASM), we believe in bringing learning to life and providing an environment that allows you to put theory into practice, every day.
The higher learning option that prepares you for the workplace
Do you want more from your education? Heavily academic university courses that focus on theory are available everywhere, but hands-on experience can transform you from just another name with a degree into a highly employable candidate.
At ASM, we believe in creating a learning environment that is personalised, modern and tailored to your individual needs. This means you are set up for success from the moment you walk in until the day you graduate, ready to face the world.
ASM was established in Perth to offer an alternative to traditional university study options and provide unrivalled experiential learning.
While we enrolled our first student in 2011, the ASM journey actually began over 25 years ago with our sister educational institution, the Australian College of Applied Education (ACAE).
Previously known as the Australian School of Tourism and Hotel Management, ACAE is one of the longest-established Registered Training Organisations operating in Perth. Established in 1989, ACAE provides accredited courses in tourism and hotel management, business, culinary arts and English.
In 1999, ACAE formed a powerhouse partnership with Southern Cross University (SCU) to deliver a number of business and hotel management degrees. ACAE managed and taught the degrees on behalf of SCU for over 10 years before it decided to launch its very own private higher education institute, ASM, in 2011.
As specialists in business and hotel management, ASM offers nationally accredited bachelor degrees, associate degrees and diplomas that are recognised and valued by industry.
Our tight-knit academic community is designed to support every student while they study, with passionate and experienced educators, friendly students and helpful staff on every campus.
Our commitment is second to none; we at ASM have maintained our core value of bringing learning to life for each and every one of our students. We have no intention of stopping, so come and join our journey to the top.
What sets us apart
At ASM, we have one goal; to bring learning to life. We provide leading education in business and hotel management that equips you with the skills and knowledge you need for the career you want.
When you choose ASM, you’ll enjoy the exceptional advantages our courses have to offer. This includes:
- Guaranteed internships for bachelor degree students: Boost your employability with a guaranteed 16-week internship, organised by us for you. We are proud to have organised paid internships for 100 per cent of our past students, allowing them to earn and learn on the job.
- Yearly achievement points: Make your learning journey work for you with the ability to advance your qualifications step-by-step following successful completion of your first year (graduate with a higher education diploma), second year (graduate with an associate degree) or third year (graduate with a bachelor degree).
- Small class sizes: Experience a personalised learning environment and maximise your education investment thanks to our commitment to small class sizes.
- Contemporary staff: We’re proud to employ driven lecturers and tutors who work in the industry and are immersed in their chosen fields.
- Strong industry links: Receive unrivalled access to a diverse range of leading organisations that will provide you with invaluable industry knowledge, internships and possible employment opportunities.
- Flexible study options: Study anywhere, anytime online or join us on campus in Melbourne or Perth.
- FEE-HELP approval: Study now, pay later with access to FEE-HELP (government loan scheme), making your education affordable and accessible! *Eligibility criteria applies. Visit www.asm.edu.au for more information.
ASM has two campuses conveniently located in the Melbourne and Perth CBDs. You will enjoy easy access to our boutique facilities while studying full time or part time.
ASM offers a variety of courses for people wanting to expand their education alongside like-minded students and educators.
Discover more about ASM
As a specialist provider of higher education in business and hotel management, you can trust ASM to stay on top of industry trends and provide highly relevant course content. This means you graduate prepared for your chosen career, whether that’s the workforce or further study.
Get more from your learning experience with ASM.
- You must choose a Field of Study or enter Course Name
Browse Courses by Study Area
Locations & Contact
Thayna Da Silva Souza
I chose to study certificate and diploma level business courses through the Australian College of Applied Education (ACAE) because I wanted to see whether a Business degree would be right for me. I also knew an Australian qualification, like those offered at ACAE, are well recognised in my home country of Brazil.
I completed the Certificate IV and the Diploma of Business before tackling the Bachelor degree through the Australian School of Management (ASM). This meant I had a good understanding of the industry in Australia and could apply this knowledge in my studies. It also helped me to secure work while I was studying, and improved my confidence and proficiency in communicating in English. As I completed the pathway program I was granted credits towards the Bachelor which reduced the tuition fees for ASM.
With the combination of my vocational education and training and my degree, I feel well-equipped for the workforce - I've received training from industry experts, had access to the latest information and technology and had practical, industry-relevant experience. In the future, I hope to use all of the experience and knowledge to run my own business.
‘I first heard about ASM on the radio and decided to come along to the open day. I was initially impressed with the fantastic facilities available but was then drawn in by the friendliness of the staff.
ASM is smaller than the major universities I was considering. I chose ASM because I knew my education would be better nurtured with smaller classes and one-on-one time with lecturers.
My favourite part of my studies was the internship semester. I spent my final semester working at a backpackers. I used everything I had learnt at ASM to complete my internship and now I have been offered a full-time job there!
I recommend ASM because you get a more personal experience, the facilities are great and there are so many opportunities to further develop your knowledge and skills. Attending ASM was a totally different experience to going to a larger university as you get to know everyone and start to feel at home here. The central location makes it ideal for people all over Perth as it is highly accessible.
Overall, I had an amazing time studying here and I recommend ASM 100 per cent!’