Bachelor of Educational Studies
University of Canberra
Three reasons why you should choose UC
- Ranked in the top 100 young universities worldwide and sitting in the top 4% of all universities globally, UC is a university on the rise!
- Learn from the best - the University of Canberra has the most qualified senior academics of any university in Australia.
- With our practical focus, the University of Canberra’s work-based projects ensure our graduates are always in demand with employers and earn great starting salaries.
Bachelor Degree (Pass)
|Campus||Cutoff||Mid Year Intake?||Study Mode||Entry Requirements|
|Canberra||Not available*||Yes||Full-time internal, Part-time internal||
Year 12 or equivalent
The course has a dual purpose: to provide a broad understanding of the fundamentals of teaching and learning specifically in relation to the education of children and adolescents; and as an exit point for students enrolled in the 4 year Bachelor of Education courses who have difficulty completing the full requirements. It is not a teaching qualification. Graduates of the Bachelor of Education Studies will have coherent knowledge and skills for educators and for lifelong learning. Graduates with this 3 year degree are eligible for entry into the Master of Educational Studies
Subjects you can Study
Education-international; Primary curriculum and pedagogy
* Cut-off scores may not appear with some courses. There a number of possible reasons for this: The course may require entrance criteria other than a cut-off score, such as a portfolio, an interview or an audition; the course may not be open to school leavers; cut-off information may be unavailable. Check the detailed course information available on The Details tab to read more about the course's entry requirements.
Bachelor Degree (Pass)
- Full-time internal = 3 years
- Part-time internal = 6 years
72 credit points
Year 12 or equivalent
Admission for domestic students is restricted - please contact the Faculty for further information.
How does this course perform?
How do study fields for Bachelor of Educational Studies at University of Canberra perform?
Life after Study
Education and training
Where are graduates that studied Education and training at University of Canberra?
|Public sector||Private practice||Private industry||Working overseas|
Education aides assist teachers with the supervision and support of students and the delivery of learning programmes. They also provide support and assistance to students with special needs, including those with physical or intellectual disabilities, or behavioural issues.
About University of Canberra
It’s all about you
With over 300 undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees spanning across 28 broad areas of study, there's sure to be a career path to suit you at UC.
Our students create their own pathways into their future career:
- Flexible course structures so you can choose the units you want to study
- Flexible learning options so you can fit your study around your life
- Work-based projects prepare you for the world of work and introduce you to employers before you even graduate
- Opportunities to study a semester abroad or include an international field trip in your course
A little about us
Established as a university in 1990, the University of Canberra has earned a reputation for producing some of the country’s most employable graduates. Our students are in high demand with employers across Australia and around the world.
We have a diverse community of more than 17,000 students, 2500 staff and 70,000 alumni in over 100 countries. Meet some of our outstanding alumni .
Only 10 minutes from the Canberra CBD and just five minutes from Belconnen town centre, the Bruce campus is set on 120 hectares of picturesque native bush land.
Can’t come to Canberra? Look into the courses available from our partners in Melbourne, Sydney and Queensland.
Our campus lifestyle revolves around our coffee shops, restaurants, bars, lounges and lawns. There are a number of professional and social clubs and societies and sports teams to take part in, plus regular social events. We’re also the home of the ACT Brumbies, the WNBL Canberra Capitals and a host of professional and elite athletes.
To find out more
Go to www.chooseuc.edu.au
For domestic students:
Phone: 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
For international students:
Phone: +61 2 6201 5342
Fax: +61 2 6201 5381
Despite her young age, Alex is already an award-winning leader in the field of building and construction management.
Alex won Young Innovator of the Year at the 2015 ACT Australian Information Industry Association's iAwards and the Outstanding Achievement in the Construction Industry Award in 2014 from the National Association of Women in Construction.
Alex is the co-inventor of the smartphone application SignOnSite, which enables workers to sign on and off a construction site using their smartphone and therefore be located easily in an emergency. The app has resulted in over $125,000 in government and business grants and prizes in recognition of its innovation and potential to save lives.
"I don't think I could have gotten into this career without my UC degree. I think that, particularly for women in construction, having a university degree behind you goes a long way."