Aquarium Assistants care for and sell aquatic animals. They also provide advice to customers on animal selection and care.
Personal requirements for an Aquarium Assistant
- Enjoy practical and manual activities
- Good communication skills and enjoy working with people
- Mature and responsible
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job, undertaking manual and sometimes heavy work
- Observant and methodical.
Duties & Tasks of an Aquarium Assistant
Aquarium Assistants may perform the following tasks:
- Feed aquatic animals,
- Maintain aquatic environments
- Perform retail functions
Working conditions for an Aquarium Assistant
Working conditions vary depending on the place of work. Many attendants have to work on weekends and public holidays.