Duties & Tasks of a Building Site Manager
A building site manager may perform the following tasks:
- provide skilled assistance to builders in planning and organising building projects by interpreting and carrying out their directions
- interpret building plans, regulations and codes of practice in order to direct the progress of work and monitor compliance with construction documents
- calculate costs and estimate completion times to prepare tender bids and deal with contract variations
- arrange supply of materials and equipment
- draw up detailed programs for site works and the coordination of building workers, and record variations from design drawings or specifications
- negotiate with subcontractors and make reports for builders and architects.
Working conditions for a Building Site Manager
Some building site managers are self-employed as contractors or consultants to larger building companies.