Caravan park attendants work in caravan parks, where they carry out day-to-day housekeeping, maintenance and office/reception duties.
Personal requirements of a Caravan Park Attendant
- friendly, helpful and patient
- able to work as part of a team
- enjoy practical and manual activities
- willing to undertake a variety of tasks
- able to work outdoors in varied weather conditions
- able to work long and varied hours
- knowledge of local area and tourist information.
Duties & Tasks of a Caravan Park Attendant
Caravan park attendants may perform the following tasks:
- undertake housekeeping and cleaning of caravans, cabins, on-site accommodation, amenity blocks and other facilities
- take guest bookings, reservations and payments
- calculate guests' bills and issue receipts upon payment
- meet, greet and farewell guests
- maintain grounds, pools, gardens and sites of the park
- conduct maintenance tasks such as painting and minor repairs
- help in park shops, cafes and other facilities
- provide guests with information on local tourist attractions and facilities
- run leisure and tourism activities.
Working conditions for a Caravan Park Attendant
Caravan park attendants usually work shifts and may be required to work weekends, public holidays and long hours during busy periods. Some of the work is outdoors and must be done in all kinds of weather.