Duties & Tasks of a Manufacturer
Manufacturers may perform the following tasks:
- identify business opportunities, determine new manufacturing processes and choose products to be manufactured
- develop business plans and implement procedures for operation, marketing, pricing and personnel
- research and meet regulatory and statutory requirements affecting manufacturing operations and the environment
- direct the activities of production, warehousing, distribution and other operational units
- maintain quality control systems for manufacturing, waste disposal, delivery and other procedures
- coordinate orders for raw materials, supplies and equipment and arrange packaging, delivery and wholesaling of products
- monitor the coordination of after-sales service
- supervise the preparation of quotes for the manufacture of specialised goods and arrange contracts with customers
- devise and manage the implementation of production-run schedules.
Working conditions for a Manufacturer
Manufacturers spend their time in the office and on the factory floor.