Radiator repairers test radiators for obstructions or leaks and make repairs as necessary.
Personal requirements of a Radiator Repairer
- enjoy practical and manual activities
- good hand-eye coordination
- able to solve problems
- mechanical aptitude.
Duties & Tasks of a Radiator Repairer
Radiator repairers may perform the following tasks:
- modify and repair plastic and aluminium tank radiators
- pump water or compressed air through the unit and flush it with cleaning solvents to remove blockages such as rust or mineral deposits
- remove and clean the radiator core by inserting a rod or submerging it in a solvent
- solder or braze leaks and install new or repaired cores in the vehicle
- repair or replace other units in the cooling system, including faulty water pumps, thermostats and leaky head gaskets.
Working conditions for a Radiator Repairer
Radiator repairers usually work outdoors or in an open workshop.