Equine Dental Service Providers provide day-to-day dental correction and oral care for horses. Their duties require judgement and the ability to accurately communicate information concerning horse health related to equine dental care to clients.
Personal requirements for an Equine Dental Service Provider
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Patient with horses
- Able to do precise and detailed work
- Able to concentrate for long periods
- Sympathetic and caring.
Duties & Tasks of an Equine Dental Service Provider
Equine Dental Service Providers may perform the following tasks:
- Diagnose dental conditions and plan oral health care in consultation with owners
- Clean teeth and cavities, and provide preventive care
- Repair decayed and broken teeth
- Treat diseases of the roots, gums and soft tissues of the mouth