Home improvement installers put in place home improvements such as awnings, curtains, blinds, flyscreens, garage doors, exterior cladding, shower screens and prefabricated windows and doors.
Personal requirements for a Home Improvement Installer
- Enjoy practical work
- Good communication skills
- Strong personal drive
- Able to think creatively and solve problems
- Able to work efficiently
- Able to stick to deadlines and budget.
Duties & Tasks of a Home Improvement Installer
Home improvement installers may perform the following tasks:
- Check specifications and worksites to plan installations
- Provide quotes for home improvements
- Measure and mark locations for frames, brackets or hinges
- Drill holes in wood, brick, stone or fibrous structures
- Bolt, screw or nail frame fittings into place
- Fit frames and home improvements to structures and fasten them into position
- Attach and adjust mechanical fittings, such as cranks, locks and pull-cords
- Install flashing and weatherproofing to fittings such as awnings, shower screens and prefabricated windows and doors.