Mobile App Developers can design, build and/or maintain mobile applications for either Apple's iOS or the Android platform. There are a few other platform choices.
Personal requirements for a Mobile App Developer
- Able to quickly understand complex problems and determine effective solutions
- Technical aptitude
- Able to work individually or as part of a team
- Able to direct and oversee the work of others
- Able to work to deadlines
- Methodological and disciplined approach to problem-solving.
Duties & Tasks of a Mobile App Developer
Mobile App Developers may perform the following tasks:
- Determine software and hardware requirements to provide solutions to problems
- Adapt existing programs to meet user requirements
- Ensure efficient use of applications and equipment
Working conditions for a Mobile App Developer
Mobile App Developers work indoors in offices. They may work on a full-time, part-time or contract basis. Normal business hours usually apply but may be extended when working to deadlines.