Sales representatives (IT) promote the sale of computer hardware, software and IT services.
Personal requirements for a Sales Representative (Information Technology)
- Good communication skills
- Neat personal appearance
- Friendly and confident manner with a pleasant personality
- Able to persevere
- Able to understand clients' needs quickly
- Willing to update product knowledge on an ongoing basis
- Able to understand and provide information about a large variety of product specifications and applications
- Strong customer service skills.
Duties & Tasks of a Sales Representative (Information Technology)
Sales representatives (IT) may perform the following tasks:
- Create customer interest in their organisation's IT products
- Talk to clients and potential clients to determine the hardware and software needs of their business
- Keep customers informed of new product developments
- Create appropriate systems for customers' needs, including software and hardware options
- Develop proposals and IT solution cost options for customers
- Manage the sourcing and delivery of products to the customer
- Provide after-sales support
- Participate in product development, marketing and client education activities
- Liaise with IT technical experts, such as analysts, designers, programmers and educators
- Continually update own knowledge of products.