Textile technicians perform technical functions in various aspects of the design, production and quality control of textile products.
Personal requirements for a Textile Technician
- enjoy practical and manual activities
- methodical and thorough
- able to think logically
- problem-solving skills
- good communication skills
- normal colour vision and good colour perception
- interested in chemistry.
Duties & Tasks of a Textile Technician
- Analyse the structure and properties of raw materials used in textiles and prepare specifications for their production
- Select and develop dyes to produce fabrics of the required colour
- Obtain and analyse test data
- Carry out or supervise testing and quality control
- Ensure that textiles are colour-fast and meet strength and durability standards
- Engage in research, improving or developing new processes and materials.