Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Strengthen your business qualification with communication, research and analytical skills developed in the arts degree. As part of the Bachelor of Arts, you can choose to study from a range of units in the liberal arts fields such as psychology, economics, digital journalism or literature studies. As part of the Bachelor of Commerce, you can choose to specialise in Accounting, Marketing or Human Resource Management. An innovative range of business minors from data analytics and entrepreneurship through to international business is offered at the Brisbane, North Sydney and Melbourne campuses. Pursue a career in accounting, advertising, HRM, marketing, policy administration or financial analyst.
320 credit points. Students may elect to enrol in a Professional Experience unit involving professional placement within a business organisation (in the relevant discipline area) over a period of 105 hours (not available for the Accounting major in Commerce).
- Human Resource Management
- Business Studies
- Education Studies
- Politics and International Relations
- Study of Religions
- Theological Studies
- Visual Arts
Standard entry requirements
- To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have completed the following prerequisites at year 12, or equivalent.New South Wales Prerequisites: English (Standard) (Band 2), EAL (Band 3) -Assumed knowledge: For Mathematics major or minor: Mathematics (not Mathematics General 2) -Recommended studies: For Visual Arts minor: Visual Arts
- Queensland -Prerequisites: English (Units 3 & 4, C)
- Victoria -Prerequisites: Units 3 and 4 - a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in any other English. -Assumed knowledge: For Mathematics major or minor: Satisfactory completion of Math Methods Unit 3 & 4. Or be admitted under the Passion 4 Business Program.
Graduates are eligible for membership of the following professional organisations depending on the business major and minor completed: Accounting - CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, Institute of Public Accountants (IPA)
An honours degree in arts or business is available for high-achieving students.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Brisbane (McAuley at Banyo)||International: $116,320||No|
|Melbourne (St Patrick's)||International: $116,320||No|
|Strathfield (Mount Saint Mary)||International: $116,320||No|
Career paths for this course - Accounting firms; Advertising; Employment relations; Event management; Financial management; Human resource management; International trade and investment; Marketing management; Marketing research; Personal investment; Policy administration; Retailing and wholesaling.