Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Human Services provides the knowledge and skills to prepare graduates for direct practice in diverse areas such as child and family welfare, disability, corrections, and aged care. The course builds from foundation units in the social and behavioural sciences, to study the contexts for practice, the ethics of practice, and has a strong emphasis on developing practice skills for the human services workforce. As well as academic units, students will have two field education placements to consolidate theoretical and practical learning.
240 credit points. Students will undertake a minimum of 9 weeks or 300 hours of supervised professional practice across the 2 field education units - one unit (150 hours) in semester 2 second year, and the other (150 hours) in semester 2 third year.
- Contemporary society and change
- Applications of psychology
- Human rights, social justice and social work and human services (Community engagement)
- Working with CALD communities
- Organisations and group processes
- Interpersonal Practice skills for human services
- plus more
Standard entry requirements
- ACT Prerequisites: English Major (142+) or English as an Additional Language (142+)
- NSW Prerequisites: English (Advanced) or English (Standard) (Band 4) or English as a Second Language (Band 4)
- Queensland Prerequisites: English (4,SA).
Graduates would be eligible for study in the MSW program subject to the development of appropriate articulation and credit arrangements. The current ASWEAS rules allow MSW programs to offer applicants with the appropriate qualifications (for example a BHS) up to 25% credit towards the MSW. Bachelor of Human Services degree graduates may be eligible to progress to a range of postgraduate coursework programs, e.g. Graduate Certificates and Graduate Diplomas and, through them and/or with relevant work experience, to Masters degree programs.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Brisbane (McAuley at Banyo)||International: $70,872||No information available||No||No information available|
|Canberra (Signadou)||International: $70,872||No information available||No||No information available|
|Strathfield (Mount Saint Mary)||International: $70,872||No information available||No||No information available|