Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Diploma in Educational Studies (Tertiary Preparation) is available by direct entry application to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in Away From Base mode. Early Childhood and Primary units only available in this study mode. This study mode allows students to live and work in their local community, while studying and attending 4 residentials of one week each on campus throughout the year.
80 credit points.
- Early childhood and primary
- Pathways to teaching
- Primary education
- Secondary education
Standard entry requirements
- An applicant must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy. To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have completed: Year 12 with the ACU minimum eligibility rank for Diploma programs
- OrEntry via an alternative pathway as approved for ACU
- OrAboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants may be selected following an interview with the course coordinator and staff of the campus Indigenous Higher Education Unit. An applicant should have: Minimum of three years' work experience
- OrYear 12 or equivalent
- OrRelevant tertiary study skills or successful completion of a Tertiary Communication Skills program. International students need to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements as defined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy. *Disclaimer: The Course entry requirements above are for 2021 Admission.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Brisbane (McAuley at Banyo)||No|
|Strathfield (Mount Saint Mary)||No|