Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Algal biofuels, drought-resistant crops, and bionic eyes may sound like things of the distant future, but these are just some of the projects our biotechnologists are working on today. In the Bachelor of Biotechnology, you will learn the foundations of biology, from genes through to ecology, while examining important questions about ethics and intellectual property. This program gives you the knowledge to develop the fuel sources, foods and medical treatments of the future while teaching you to think ethically about how they will change our society.
In this program students will study a total of 144 units. Typically students will take 4 courses per semester (total of 24 units) and 8 courses per year (total of 48 units) as a full-time student. Students will complete 24 courses over the three years (total of 144 units). For more information on the type of courses you can select, please visit: http://programsandcourses.anu.edu.au/program/BBIOT
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 qualification or international equivalent
- A completed Associate Diploma, Associate Degree, AQF Diploma, Diploma, AQF Advanced Diploma or Graduate Certificate
- Or at least one standard full-time year (1.0 FTE) in a single program of degree level study at an Australian higher education institution
- Or an approved tertiary preparation course unless subsequent study is undertaken. ATAR: 80
- QLD: 10
- International Baccalaureate: 29 Prerequisite: Chemistry
Holders of approved Associate Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas or Diplomas are granted up to 48 units of first year credit, depending on the field in which the qualification has been completed.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Semester one admit only. This program can also be incorporated into a double degree through the Flexible Double in any of the three groups Arts, Business, Social Sciences, and Science or Engineering and Advanced Computing or Law. For more information please view: https://science.anu.edu.au/study/bachelor-degrees/bachelor-biotechnology