Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification is a specialist wool classing qualification for wool classers and enables them to apply for registration with AWEX Ltd. as a professional Australian wool classer.This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship.
14 core units
- Prepare fleece wool for classing
- Prepare skirtings and oddments
- Implement and monitor quality assurance procedures
- Document a wool clip
- Determine wool classing strategies
- Class fleece wool
- Appraise wool using industry descriptions
- Press wool for a clip
- Plan, implement and review wool harvesting and clip preparation
- Prepare wool based on its characteristics
- Provide first aid
- Perform shed duties
- Maintain work health and safety processes
- Establish work routines and manage wool harvesting and preparation staff
Standard entry requirements
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||No||
This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship.