Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Graduate armed with a range of technical, operational and software management skills that will put you a step ahead of the global tech industry. Learn how to combine design thinking, ideation, project and time management, and interpersonal communication across different subjects, significantly increasing your employability. Cloud Computing is mostly used in businesses as a service for example by improving functionality and workflows and through specifically designed databases e.g. Platforms as a Service (PaaS) as well as Software as a Service (SaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). The course aims to cultivate developers who collaborate or fit in with operation teams (DevOps) to improve productivity by automating infrastructures and workflows whilst measuring application performances enabling feedback for improvements. Data science and early introduction to Cloud Computing in the first term of the course provides students with the foundations to understand different service/deployment models and data mining, skills used when analysing, visualising and reporting on big data throughout the course projects.
- The course structure comprises 19 core subjects and 3 elective subjects over Levels 100, 200, and 300, as follows: Level 100 6 core subjects 1 elective subject
- Level 200 8 core subjects 1 elective subject
- Level 300 5 core subjects 1 elective subject
- MAT101 Maths 1
- ISE102 Introduction to Software Engineering
- ICC104 Introduction to Cloud Computing
- ADS103 Algorithms & Data Structures MSA106 Microservices Architecture (Prerequisite ISE102)
- IDO107 Introduction to DevOps
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 with minimum ATAR 60 or equivalent.
- Special Entry Requirements Demonstrated ability to undertake study at this level: Broadly relevant work experience (documented e.g. CV), demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success
- OR Formal, informal or non-formal study, completed or partially completed, demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success
- OR Written submission to demonstrate reasonable prospect of success
- OR Discipline-specific portfolio (art and/or design) - applicable to Design only.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||No||