Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
CRICOS: 00300K (NT); 03286A (NSW)
This program provides an opportunity for students to engage with theoretical concepts and practices at the interface between Indigenous knowledge systems and the western academy. It ensures that graduates demonstrate an ability to operate within broader society as active and culturally capable agents of change, able to apply what they learn in a culturally informed and respectful manner.
The course ensures that graduates demonstrate an ability to operate within broader society as active and culturally capable agents of change, able to apply what they learn in a culturally informed and respectful manner. Students have the opportunity to acquire and apply knowledge and skills in three core areas of significant importance for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians: Indigenous Social Policy, Indigenous Resource Management and Indigenous Community Action. These specialised fields of study are tailored to prepare students for professional and/or further study or research that can contribute to effective and equitable engagement between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and the broader Australian community.
- Social science-social policy
- Social science-Indigenous specialisations
Standard entry requirements
- NTCET or equivalent (Year 12) and an ATAR of 60 or higher
- Or Certificate IV or above
- Or STAT score of 135 or greater
- Or submission of an acceptable personal competencies statement and/or employment experience
- Or 6 months of full-time study (or equivalent) of a higher education degree/diploma
- Or completion of 40 credit points in the Preparation for Tertiary Study Program (ZTEP01), the Preparation for Tertiary Success (ZPTS11 or ZPTS21), or other recognised tertiary preparation course.
Students who complete the Associate Degree will be able to transfer into the Bachelor of Applied Social Science.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Casuarina||International: $37,040||No information available||Yes||No information available|