Charles Sturt University was founded on practical progress and connection to communities. Our regional roots mean we’re ready to roll up our sleeves and put in the hard work today, for a better tomorrow.
As Australia’s leading regional university, we proudly partner with the traditional owners and custodians of the lands where our campuses sit: the Wiradjuri, Ngunawal, Gundungurra and Birpai peoples. Yindyamarra winhanganha is a Wiradjuri phrase meaning ‘the wisdom of respectfully knowing how to live well in a world worth living in’. It’s at the heart of everything we stand for at Charles Sturt University.
We know what it takes to help you develop the right skills to make a real difference. That’s why we’re Australia’s top university for graduate employment — and have been for six years running.* That’s right; more of our grads get jobs — and well-paying ones at that — faster than grads from any other Australian uni. So, when you graduate with a leading degree from Charles Sturt, you’ll become one of the sought-after job-ready professionals that employers are looking for.
You’ll find our six campuses in some of the fastest growing regional cities in New South Wales. Living and learning regionally comes with perks. The cost of living is lower than the city — you can adventure in your own backyard, and the nearest capital city is within easy reach. All our campuses include a library and learning commons, as well as a First Nations student centre, and a full range of support services.
Make it happen
Hands-on learning is the cornerstone your degree. Live, breathe and practise your career in state-of-the-art facilities with expert academics and on work placements with employers. And become the best nurse, teacher, data analyst, social worker, environmental scientist – or whichever role fires your imagination – that you can be.
Our facilities are some of the best in the world and will provide you with the opportunity to test and learn in real-world scenarios. You could be applying what you learn from day one on our full working farm in Wagga Wagga, getting a taste of life on the frontline of emergencies in our simulation ambulances or getting behind the camera in our TV studio. Here are some of the facilities you may be diving into for your hands-on learning:
- Albury-Wodonga wetlands – home to threatened species of animals and plants, and providing a unique ecosystem for enviro students to observe
- Anatomy and physiology laboratories
- Clinical and nursing simulation laboratories
- Community Dental and Oral Health Clinic – observe, learn then get practical experience with real patients
- Community Engagement and Wellness Centre
- Equine centre
- A 1,600-hectare farm – work with livestock herds and arable crops, and learn how tech and data are changing farming
- Food Soil Water Testing Centre and an herbarium
- Health Sciences Clinical Learning Centre – at the Bloomfield Medical Centre
- IBM Client Innovation Centre in Bathurst
- Lysimeter – the most sophisticated underground root growth laboratory in the Southern Hemisphere
- Media centre, including a communications agency to work with real clients, TV studios and editing suites
- Medical laboratories – investigate and analyse with industry-standard equipment, including an ultrasound machine and 3D imaging simulations
- Paramedicine and biochemistry labs
- Physio and rehab labs
- School of Rural Medicine – complete with ultrasound room, anatomy lab and simulation hospital rooms
- Veterinary clinical centre – work with pets, livestock and even wildlife on real-world cases
Study your way
We know everyone is different and you want a flexible way of studying that works for you. You can study on campus or jump online to get qualified. Better still, you can get the best of blended. Combine online and on-campus study and put yourself firmly in the driver’s seat. Take some subjects in-person, and other subjects online if you’d prefer. Select some online subjects so you can pick up an extra shift at work. Or switch to online study when you get that dream job.
Whatever you choose, you’ll have the study flexibility to balance it all.
*The Good Universities Guide 2021/22