Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This qualification is part of the Public Safety Training Package. It is designed for people with a new or established role in emergency management who wish to gain a formal competency based qualification through coursework and workplace practice. It addresses the planning for, and the management of, major risks. Major risks may arise from the interaction of hazards (such as fire, flood, severe storm) with communities.
- 12 units: 8 core
- 4 elective
- Core: Facilitate emergency risk assessment
- Determine treatment options
- Manage recovery functions and services
- Manage and evaluate emergency management exercises
- Design emergency management exercises
- Facilitate emergency planning processes
- Coordinate resources for a multi-agency incident
- Develop and maintain business continuity plans. Electives: Develop and organise public safety awareness programs
- Manage media requirements at major incident
- Deliver recovery services
- Establish and manage a recovery centre
- plus more.
Standard entry requirements
Must have potential to undertake vocational education and training at this qualification level.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|CQUniversity Melbourne||No information available||No||No information available|