Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This qualification is part of the Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Training Package. It reflects the role of commercial cooks who use a wide range of well-developed cookery skills and sound knowledge of kitchen operations to prepare food and menu items. It provides a pathway to work as a commercial cook in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes, and coffee shops.
- 25 units: 21 core
- 4 elective
- Core: Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Use food preparation equipment
- Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- Use hygienic practices for food safety
- plus more. Elective: Prepare Asian appetisers and snacks
- Provide service to customers
- Produce cook-chill and cook-freeze foods
- plus more.
Standard entry requirements
No minimum education
The Certificate III in Commercial Cookery articulates into the Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|CQUniversity Mackay City||
||No information available||Yes||No information available|
|CQUniversity Melbourne||No information available||Yes||No information available|
Applicants must possess Australian Core Skills Framework levels of at least 2 across reading, writing, learning, oral communication, and numeracy skills to successfully complete this program. Students who do not possess these skills to the level required will be enrolled in additional subjects to build the required skills. Students entering as an apprentice or trainee must be employed in the relevant industry prior to enrolment.