Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course will expand the skills and professional knowledge of both established and aspiring information technology (IT) professionals, and will provide students with a combination of leading-edge theory and the chance at hands on practical experiences. The specialty majors in this course focus on mobile application development, software design and development and networks and information security these are supported by an available minor in Project and Program Management. This course is designed to provide graduates with up-to-date knowledge on how to manage the technical, organisational and economic issues involved in the management of information technology (IT) resources and systems. All units have been aligned to the Australian Computer Society (ACS) core body of knowledge.
15 units (96 credit points).
- Mobile application development
- Networks and information security
- Software design and development
Standard entry requirements
- Bachelor degree in any discipline from an Australian university or college, or equivalent
- Or a CQUniversity Graduate Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent. Advanced entry is available directly into term 2 for students who can demonstrate that they have attained the required knowledge. These students will undertake 12 units to complete the course. To be granted advanced entry a student must: have a bachelor degree
- And be able to demonstrate they have the required knowledge and either: have 2 years' relevant work experience
- Or have 1 year other postgraduate education
- Or have attained a final year GPA of 4.7 in their undergraduate degree at an Australian Institution or equivalent.
This course has been accredited by the Australian Computer Society (ACS). On completion of this course, students may be eligible for professional membership with the ACS.
Exit awards: Graduate Diploma of Information Technology; Graduate Certificate in Information Technology. Interim awards: Graduate Diploma of Information Technology; Graduate Certificate in Information Technology; Graduate Certificate in Project Management. Students who have completed an approved graduate diploma such as a CQUniversity Graduate Diploma of Information Technology, will be granted advanced standing of up to 6 core units, 1 elective and the first discipline units in their chosen major.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|CQUniversity Brisbane||International: $64,620||No|
|CQUniversity Melbourne||International: $64,620||No|
|CQUniversity Rockhampton North||International: $64,620||Yes|
|CQUniversity Sydney||International: $64,620||No|
|Online Study||International: $64,620||No|
Components of this course are delivered via distance education on some campuses.