Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Deakin's Bachelor of Business focuses on preparing you with the skills and experience you need to succeed in the business world. Explore emerging and innovative business trends, and develop valuable soft skills through personal development. You can major in event, people or project management, entrepreneurship, sustainability and innovation and more. This general business course equips you to work in many sectors, from health and retail, to marketing and events. Tailor the course to your interests and career goals, choosing from eight majors on offer. Nurture your entrepreneurial spirit whilst developing your soft skills, including communication, teamwork, and problem solving. There are many opportunities to enrich your studies with practical experience, both in Australia and abroad. Gain a global perspective of business with an international study tour, and leverage our industry partnerships to secure sought-after work placements.
- 24 credit points total which include: 10 credit points of core units
- one 8 credit point Bachelor of Business major
- 6 credit points of elective units (which may include an optional 4 credit point minor)
- Students also complete one zero credit point academic integrity module.
- business and digital communication
- entrepreneurship and innovation
- event management
- people management
- organisational psychology
- project management
- retail and supply chain management
- sustainability and development.
Standard entry requirements
- VCE Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or at least 20 in English other than EAL or equivalent.
- This course uses the ATAR and your entire academic record as part of its selection consideration
- Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement
- For more detailed information about additional course requirements for all applicant groups, or equivalent minimum requirements for applicants with a higher education study, VET study or work and life experience refer to the Deakin University website.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Geelong Waterfront||International: $110,592||No|
|Melbourne Burwood||International: $110,592||No|
Campuses: Cloud(online), Geelong Waterfront, Melbourne Burwood.
Course fee shown is indicative and actual fees may vary.
Not all majors are available at all campuses. Course also offered in Cloud (online) mode.