Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Data is the future of business. Deakin’s Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Analytics offers a foundation in commerce skills and business analytics know-how to help you become truly invaluable to future employers worldwide. Develop critical analysis skills to take data and turn it into strategies to drive business success. Learn how to interpret data and information, then combine it with a strong foundation in all areas of business, to unlock innovative solutions for business. Led by teachers who are active in their fields, this combined course is informed by IT professionals from leading technology companies, business and the government sector. With such strong connections to industry, you’ll consistently be exposed to the latest strategies and trends, keeping you ahead of the game well before you enter it.
- 32 credit points total comprising of 16 credit points of Commerce units (8 credit points of core commerce units
- one 8 credit point major)
- 16 credit points of Business Analytics units (15 credit points of core units
- 1 elective unit)
- and one zero credit point academic integrity unit.
- Financial planning
- Food and agribusiness
- Human resource management
Standard entry requirements
- VCE Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or at least 20 in English other than EAL or equivalent.
- Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement
- For more detailed information about additional course requirements for all applicant groups, or equivalent minimum requirements for applicants with a higher education study, VET study or work and life experience refer to the Deakin University website.
Completion of the Bachelor of Business Analytics and associated double degree courses grants eligibility for entry as a professional member of the Australian Computer Society (ACS). Depending on units taken, Commerce graduates can apply for membership to these key professional bodies: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); Association of Financial Advisers (AFA); Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI); Australian Marketing Institute (AMI); Certified Practising Accountants (CPA); Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ); Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA); Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA); Institute of Managers and Leaders (IML); Institute of Public Accountants (IPA)
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Course also offered in Cloud (online) mode.