Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Data is the future of business. Deakin’s Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Analytics offers a foundation in commerce skills and business analytics knowledge to help you become truly invaluable to future employers worldwide. Develop critical analysis skills to turn data into strategies that drive business success. Learn how to interpret data and information and combine it with a strong foundation in all areas of commerce to unlock innovative solutions for business. Led by teachers who are active in their fields, this combined degree is informed by IT professionals from leading technology companies, business and the government sector. With such strong connections to industry, you will consistently be exposed to the latest strategies and trends, keeping you ahead of the game well before you enter it.
- 32 credit points total which include: 8 credit points of core commerce units
- one 8 credit point commerce major
- 15 credit points of Bachelor of Business Analytics core units
- 1 elective unit
- Students also complete one zero credit point academic integrity module.
- Financial planning
- Human resource management
Standard entry requirements
- VCE Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or at least 20 in English other than EAL or equivalent.
- This course uses the ATAR and your entire academic record as part of its selection consideration
- Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement
- For more detailed information about additional course requirements for all applicant groups, or equivalent minimum requirements for applicants with a higher education study, VET study or work and life experience refer to the Deakin University website.
Completion of the Bachelor of Business Analytics and associated double degree courses grants eligibility for entry as a professional member of the Australian Computer Society (ACS). Depending on units taken, Commerce graduates can apply for membership to these key professional bodies: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); Association of Financial Advisers (AFA); Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI); Australian Marketing Institute (AMI); Certified Practising Accountants (CPA); Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ); Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA); Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA); Institute of Managers and Leaders (IML); Institute of Public Accountants (IPA)
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Campuses: Melbourne Burwood.
Course fee shown is indicative and actual fees may vary.
Course also offered in Cloud (online) mode.