Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Deakin's Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication (Journalism) empowers you to solve the commercial problems of the future in a world that has never been hungrier for news. In this complementary double degree you will learn to think more critically as you gain a strong foundation in all aspects of commerce at Deakin's world-class business school. The commerce stream will equip you with technical skills and professional capabilities to become a confident leader in the world of commerce. Authentic and practical learning experiences challenge you to solve real commercial and community issues. At the same time, learn how to engage with multiple audiences and deliver news across a range of media platforms with your communications degree. Develop your ability to identify, research and plan news and feature stories, so you can write, edit and publish them straight from our newsroom and creative media labs on campus.
- 32 credit points total which include: 16 credit points of Commerce units
- 16 credit points of Communication (Journalism) units
- Students also complete one zero credit point academic integrity module
- Course requirements for the Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Communication (Journalism) must be satisfied.
- Financial planning
- Human resource management
- Management information systems
Standard entry requirements
- VCE Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or at least 20 in English other than EAL or equivalent.
- This course uses the ATAR and your entire academic record as part of its selection consideration.
- Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement
- For more detailed information about additional course requirements for all applicant groups, or equivalent minimum requirements for applicants with a higher education study, VET study or work and life experience refer to the Deakin University website.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Geelong Waterfront||International: $150,920||No|
|Melbourne Burwood||International: $150,920||No|
Campuses: Cloud(online), Geelong Waterfront, Melbourne Burwood.
Course fee shown is indicative and actual fees may vary.