Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
With Deakin’s Bachelor of Sport Development, you'll examine the science of coaching as well as the practical methods of encouraging health and wellbeing through participation and performance in sport. Explore sport pathways and coaching, as well as the marketing and management of sport in ways that impact the social and health of communities, and turn your life-long passion into a rewarding career. Deakin is the 9th ranked university in the world for sport-related subjects*, largely due to our leading academics, industry connections, facilities and practical approach to learning. State-of-the-art sports precincts combined with a long list of sports partners – including the Geelong Football Club, Netball Australia and the AIS – mean you’ll be studying in elite environments, on and off campus. Plus, with over 200 hours of work placement, you can work alongside established professionals in sport, while building industry skills that prepare you for your future career.
- 24 credit points of core units: 3 credit points of foundation for sport development units 7 credit points of sport organisation development units
- 6 credit points of coaching units
- 6 credit points of community development units
- 2 credit points of practicum units and a zero credit point safety induction unit and one zero credit point academic integrity unit.
- Sport development
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent: Units 3 and 4 - a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in English other than EAL
- Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life or work experience will be based on their performance in: a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR a Diploma in any discipline, or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR successful completion of relevant study at an accredited higher education institution equivalent to at least two Deakin University units OR other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent for example relevant work or life experience.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Course also offered in Cloud (online) mode.