Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
With Deakin's Bachelor of Sport Development, you will examine the science of coaching as well as practical methods of encouraging health and wellbeing through participation and performance in sport. Explore sport pathways and coaching, as well as the marketing and management of sport, and turn your lifelong passion into a rewarding career. Deakin is the 6th-ranked university in the world for sport-related subjects, largely due to our leading academics, industry connections, facilities and practical approach to learning. State-of-the-art sports precincts combined with a long list of sports partners – including the Geelong Football Club, Netball Victoria and the Australian Institute of Sport – mean you will be studying in elite environments, both on and off campus. With over 200 hours of work placement, you can work alongside established professionals in sport while building industry experience that will prepare you for your future career.
- 24 credit points of core units which include: 3 credit points of foundation for sport development units
- 7 credit points of sport organisation development units
- 6 credit points of coaching units
- 6 credit points of community development units
- 2 credit points of practicum units
- Students also complete two zero credit point modules.
- Sport development
Standard entry requirements
- VCE Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or at least 20 in English other than EAL or equivalent.
- This course uses the ATAR and your entire academic record as part of its selection consideration
- Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement
- For more detailed information about additional course requirements for all applicant groups, or equivalent minimum requirements for applicants with a higher education study, VET study or work and life experience refer to the Deakin University website.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne Burwood||International: $107,400||No|
Campuses: Melbourne Burwood.
The course fee shown is indicative only and actual fees may vary.
Course also offered in Cloud (online) mode.