Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Explore the theory and practice of construction management and gain a fundamental understanding of the construction industry and construction projects. You will graduate with the knowledge to commence a professional career in the management and procurement of built facilities. Deakin’s Graduate Certificate of Construction Management is designed for graduates from a related built environment discipline looking to extend their knowledge and transition into the construction industry.It is also suitable for graduates from non-related disciplines who have demonstrable professional experience in construction, through public or private enterprises, wanting to formalise their entry into the construction management profession. You will work in a multi-disciplinary context to gain knowledge on construction management, procurement, measurement and estimating and Building Information Modelling (BIM).
4 core units and completion of 3 zero credit point units.
- Introduction to Construction Management
- Principles of Building Information Modelling
- Strategic Construction Procurement
- Construction Measurement and Estimating
Standard entry requirements
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline OR
- Bachelor degree in any discipline plus 2 years relevant work experience (or part-time equivalent) OR
- Evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent. Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course. All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement.*Relevant work experience such as roles in quantity surveying, civil engineering, property, architecture or building technology environment.
After successfully completing your graduate certificate, you can continue your study by using the credit points you’ve earned to enter S691 Graduate Diploma of Construction Management. On completion of the Graduate Diploma of Construction Management students may apply to enter the Master of Construction Management (Professional).
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|