Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Jointly run and managed by the Deakin Business School and the School of Medicine, the Graduate Certificate of Healthcare Management aims to develop business acumen in healthcare practitioners. Develop the essential skills and capabilities required to manage and lead healthcare services in Australia and overseas. If you’re a physician, nurse, nurse practitioner, allied health professional or healthcare manager facing increasing management responsibilities or seeking to advance into a more management-focused role, this course will particularly benefit you.On successful completion of this course, you may enrol in the Graduate Diploma of Business Administration, Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Business Administration (Healthcare Management).
4 credit points total consisting of 2 credit points of core units and 2 credit points of elective units, plus completion of one zero-credit point academic integrity module.
- Healthcare management
Standard entry requirements
- Bachelor degree in any discipline and two years relevant work experience*
- Three years of relevant work experience*
- Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement
- *Must be in a managerial or professional role with evidence of leading teams, including either direct or indirect reports as a supervisor or manager. Applicants must demonstrate decision making responsibility in a range of areas including budgetary oversight, staffing and management, involvement in strategy and planning development and operational implementation or other relevant professional experience at senior management, executive or company director level.
Successful completion of this course allows articulation into Graduate Diploma of Business Administration, Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Business Administration (Healthcare Management).
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Course fee shown is indicative and actual fees may vary.
Campuses: Melbourne Burwood.
The course fee shown is indicative only and actual fees may vary.