Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to the pervasive interconnection of many millions and billions of physical devices that are equipped with data sensing, storing and actuating capabilities, and often integrated with intelligent computing systems. In today’s digital and data-driven world, the rapid growth in IoT is driving technological advancements and innovation in many industries, such as smart cities, smart factories, health care, agriculture, and so forth.This course responds to increased demand for professionals equipped with the skills to harness the potential of IoT technologies and reshape industries. There are many benefits of integrating and deploying IoT solutions for businesses, including IoT, including improved agility, scalability, and efficiency. This course is ideally suited to those with an IT background who are keen to upskill by exploring how IoT technologies can enhance business operations.
4 core units
- Software Architecture and Scalability for Internet of Things
- Embedded Systems Development
- Developing Secure Internet of Things Applications
- Computer Networks and Security
- Software Deployment and Operation
Standard entry requirements
- Entry will be based on performance in: Bachelor Degree in a related discipline, OR
- Bachelor Degree AND two years relevant work experience, OR
- Graduate Certificate of Information Technology or equivalent, OR
- Evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent. Deakin University offers admission to postgraduate courses through a number of Admission categories.All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements.Please note that meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee selection, which is based on merit, likelihood of success and availability of places in the course.
After successfully completing your graduate certificate, you can continue your study by using the credit points you’ve earned to enter the: S776 Master of Information Technology.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|