Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Study the principles of accounting and finance and take the first step towards becoming a qualified accountant.Our Graduate Certificate of Professional Accounting gives you the flexibility to choose units that are right for you. For example, if you’re just looking to add accounting skills to progress your career, you have the option to study units that match your interest. If you aspire to apply for the CA program of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, you might undertake the units required for this pathway.As a graduate you can progress to the Graduate Diploma of Professional Accounting, Master of Professional Accounting, Master of Commerce or Master of Professional Accounting and Finance.
- 4 credit points total which include: minimum of 2 credit points from one list
- maximum of two credit points from a second list
- students also complete one zero credit point academic integrity module.
Standard entry requirements
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Or two years of relevant work experience
- Or evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent
- Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement
Students who wish to enter the CA program of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), Associate Membership for the CPA program of the Certified Practising Accountants Australia, the IPA program of the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA), and exemptions may apply for the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), are advised that it is their responsibility to ensure that they take the appropriate units required for entry.
Upon completing the Graduate Certificate of Professional Accounting you can progress to the Graduate Diploma of Professional Accounting, Master of Professional Accounting, Master of Commerce.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne Burwood||Domestic: $14,500|
Campuses: Cloud(online), Melbourne Burwood.
Course fee shown is indicative and actual fees may vary.
Deakin University offers admission to postgraduate courses through a number of Admission categories. In all categories of admission, selection is based primarily on academic merit as indicated by an applicant's previous academic record.