Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Become qualified to teach English as an additional language with the Graduate Certificate of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). Get an introduction to the specialised skills and knowledge required to lead TESOL programs, and graduate as a confident, in-demand language teacher. The Graduate Certificate of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) is an internationally recognised degree designed for current educators looking to build specialised skills, as well as professionals from other backgrounds with a passion for teaching and language. A high demand for English teachers worldwide puts graduates in a strong position to unlock new career pathways in Australia and abroad.
4 credit points of study comprising 4 core units
- TESOL method
- Linguistics for second language teachers
- Language teaching in practice
- Learning an additional language
- Intercultural communication in language classrooms
- Internationalising the curriculum
Standard entry requirements
- Bachelor degree or higher
- OR at least two years of relevant work experience (or part-time equivalent)
- OR evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent.
Credit for prior learning will be granted in accordance with university policy
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Campuses: Cloud(online), Melbourne Burwood.
Course fee shown is indicative and actual fees may vary.
Note: This is not an initial teacher education qualification