Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This graduate certificate responds to a growing local and international demand for knowledge and skills in the practical provision of TESOL education programs. It will appeal to prospective students currently working, or who are seeking employment, in schools and adult learning contexts within Australia and abroad, and who may or may not hold a Bachelor’s degree in education or a language-related area. Graduates will be able to apply for work in TESOL education broadly, or consolidate their practice if already employed. The course provides a pathway to further study in the Master of TESOL.
4 credit points of study comprising 4 core units
- TESOL method
- Linguistics for second language teachers
- Language teaching in practice
- Learning an additional language
- Intercultural communication in language classrooms
- Internationalising the curriculum
Standard entry requirements
- Bachelor degree or higher
- OR at least two years of relevant work experience (or part-time equivalent)
- OR evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent.
Credit for prior learning will be granted in accordance with university policy
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Note: This is not an initial teacher education qualification