Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Graduate Diploma of Early Childhood Education (Leadership) provides professional development for early childhood teachers to upgrade their three-year teaching qualification. Upon completion of the course, graduates will be recognised as holding the equivalence of a four-year teaching qualification, which can meet employer and teacher registration requirements in Australia. This course may also be of interest to qualified early childhood teachers who are re-entering the teaching profession after having a lengthy absence. Students will advance their existing teaching knowledge, skills and practices, graduating with a specialisation in a selected area of therapeutic play, or education business leadership. Graduates of the course will be able to seek employment as an early childhood teacher in a diverse range of early childhood settings. Furthermore, the expertise gained through specialisation and advanced curriculum studies positions graduates to be highly equipped for leadership roles in educational settings.
- 8 credit points of study comprising 4 credit points of core units
- and 4 credit points of advanced study specialisation in either Therapeutic Play or Education Business Leadership
- STEM in early childhood teaching
- Diverse environments and pedagogies
- Pedagogies of physical development and wellbeing
- Teacher as leader
- Therapeutic play
- Education business leadership
Standard entry requirements
- Completion of a Bachelor degree or higher in Early Childhood Education
- OR at least two years of relevant work experience (or part-time equivalent)
- OR evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|