Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Build upon the core knowledge and skills required of a professional financial planner by studying Deakin’s Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning. Graduate with a FASEA-approved degree, that enables you to either enter the financial planning profession or expand upon existing career opportunities. Recent changes to the Australian financial services industry require financial planners to meet new education standards set by the Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA). What does this mean for current and aspiring financial planners? If you want to provide financial advice beyond 2026, you’ll need to complete a FASEA-approved course like our Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning.
Those currently employed in or wishing to enter the financial planning field
- 8 credit points total including: 7 core units
- 1 elective unit
- Students also complete one zero credit point academic integrity module.
- Financial planning
Standard entry requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in any discipline
- Or a Graduate Certificate in any discipline
- Or at least two years of relevant professional work experience^ that demonstrates comprehensive knowledge in a financial planning environment
- Or evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent
- Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement.
- ^ Relevant work experience is determined as working within a financial services role or within the financial services sector.
Successful completion of the Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning allows articulation into the Master of Financial Planning with full credit for units completed.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne Burwood||Domestic: $27,600|
Course fee shown is indicative and actual fees may vary.
Campuses: Melbourne Burwood.
The course fee shown is indicative only and actual fees may vary.