Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Artificial intelligence (AI) is driving digital disruption, with new technology helping redefine many industries. Many companies are looking to take advantage of recent advances in AI, which is creating a large demand for skilled professionals around the globe.Deakin’s Master of Applied Artificial Intelligence equips you with the specialist knowledge and skills necessary to design and develop software solutions that harness the latest advances in AI.This course develops your understanding of AI technologies, deep learning, reinforcement learning and the application of these algorithms in computer vision and speech processing.
16 credit points
- Foundation Information Technology Studies
- Introductory Artificial Intelligence Studies
- Mastery Applied Artificial Intelligence Studies
Standard entry requirements
- Admission to study postgraduate coursework at Deakin is based on your professional experience and previous academic qualifications. Depending on your prior experience, your course will be: 1 year full time (2 years part time) – 8 credit points. Admission is based on: Bachelor’s Honours (AQF8) degree in a related discipline, OR
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, plus two years relevant work experience, OR
- Graduate Certificate of Applied Artificial Intelligence (or equivalent), OR
- Evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent.1.5 years full time (3 years part time) – 12 credit points. Admissions is based on: Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, OR
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, plus two years relevant work experience, OR
- Graduate Certificate of Information Technology or equivalent, OR
- Evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent. 2 years full time (4 years part time) – 16 credit points. Admissions is based on: Bachelor’s degree or other qualification at a higher AQF level in any discipline, OR
- Evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent. Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course. All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement. Refer to the Deakin University website for more detailed information about additional course requirements for all applicant groups, or equivalent minimum requirements for applicants with a higher education study, VET study or work and life experience.
Alternative exits: Graduate Certificate of Artificial Intelligence, Graduate Diploma of Artificial Intelligence, Graduate Certificate of Information Technology
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Please note that due to Australian Government regulations, student visas to enter Australia cannot be issued to students who enrol in Deakin's Cloud Campus.