Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Deakin's Master of Cyber Security provides a combination of technical studies in system security, digital forensics and analytics with organisational security, governance and policy to prepare students for a successful career as a Cyber Security professional in Australia and around the world. The Master of Cyber Security is designed to prepare students for a variety of security roles within business, government and law enforcement. A serious challenge facing 21st century digital life is how to deal with the dramatic increase in the number and severity cyber attacks which cause great loss and sufferings to society, governments, companies and individual's prosperity and reputations. The issue of dealing with cyber attacks is integral to a wide variety of organisations, across all levels of society in the context of technology, law and ethics. Having professionals with cyber security skills is crucial for the ongoing success of our digital future.
To complete the Master of Cyber Security, students must attain 16 credit points most students choose to study 4 units per trimester, and usually undertake two trimesters each year. There are flexible entry point into the Master of Cyber Security and students entering the degree with academic or relevant professional experience may be eligible to undertake the Master of Cyber Security over a shorter duration.
- Cyber security
Standard entry requirements
- 16 credit point masters: To be eligible for entry, applicants must have: Attainment of Bachelor degree inany discipline OR Attainment of Graduate Certificate of Information Technology OR other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent. 12 credit point masters: To be eligible for entry, applicants must have: Attainment of Bachelor degree in related discipline
- OR Bachelor degree in any discipline with 2 yrs relevant work experience
- OR Graduate Certificate of Information Technology or equivalent
- OR Other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent. 8 credit point masters: To be eligible for entry, applicants must have: Attainment of Bachelor Honours (AQF8) degree in related discipline
- OR Bachelor degree (AQF7) in related discipline with 2 yrs relevant work experience
- OR Graduate Certificate of Cyber Security (or equivalent)
- OR Evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent.
Further study: Master of Cyber Security (Professional). Alternative exits: Graduate Certificate of Cyber Security, Graduate Diploma of Cyber Security.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Geelong Waurn Ponds||
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Please note that due to Australian Government regulations, student visas to enter Australia cannot be issued to students who enrol in Deakin's Cloud Campus.