Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
In an increasingly digital world, cyber-attacks are an everyday occurrence. As a result, cyber security professionals are in high demand around the world to protect organisations in all sectors from increasingly sophisticated cyber threats. Deakin’s Master of Cyber Security equips you with the specialised skills to investigate and combat cyber crime and prepares you for a successful career in cyber security anywhere in the world. Throughout the Master of Cyber Security, you will learn how to detect, analyse and confront cyber security challenges. You will focus on a range of studies, and gain knowledge about system security and digital forensics, analytics, organisational security and human aspects of cyber security. This vital experience will prepare you to counter the number one criminal threat to modern-day society.
To complete the Master of Cyber Security, students must attain 16 credit points most students choose to study 4 units per trimester, and usually undertake two trimesters each year. There are flexible entry point into the Master of Cyber Security and students entering the degree with academic or relevant professional experience may be eligible to undertake the Master of Cyber Security over a shorter duration.
- Cyber security
Standard entry requirements
- 16 credit point masters: To be eligible for entry, applicants must have: Attainment of Bachelor degree inany discipline OR Attainment of Graduate Certificate of Information Technology OR other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent. 12 credit point masters: To be eligible for entry, applicants must have: Attainment of Bachelor degree in related discipline
- OR Bachelor degree in any discipline with 2 yrs relevant work experience
- OR Graduate Certificate of Information Technology or equivalent
- OR Other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent. 8 credit point masters: To be eligible for entry, applicants must have: Attainment of Bachelor Honours (AQF8) degree in related discipline
- OR Bachelor degree (AQF7) in related discipline with 2 yrs relevant work experience
- OR Graduate Certificate of Cyber Security (or equivalent)
- OR Evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent.
Further study: Master of Cyber Security (Professional). Alternative exits: Graduate Certificate of Cyber Security, Graduate Diploma of Cyber Security.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Geelong Waurn Ponds||
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Please note that due to Australian Government regulations, student visas to enter Australia cannot be issued to students who enrol in Deakin's Cloud Campus.